Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sometimes I Need Some Jesus In My Life


“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there’s just something about that name....” In 1970, when Bill and Gloria Gaither penned the words to this chorus, they wanted everyone to have a little more Jesus in their lives.  Hopefully in the church we can agree that to be filled with more Jesus is a really good thing, but sometimes we forget that Jesus is a part of the Christian faith-the central part of the Christian faith.  I have to admit I have what scholars would tell you is a “high Christology.”  That means Jesus is really important in how I understand life lived as a Christian.  As an evangelical Christian, I would even talk about having a relationship with Jesus, so you can imagine that I am elated that on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 we will begin reading The New Testament and learn about the life of Jesus and those first Jesus followers.  And I’ve got to tell you, I need some Jesus!  After months of the Old Testament-incredibly beautiful, but at times repetitive-it’s time for a little Jesus!  So if you haven’t started reading yet I want to challenge you to pick up a Bible Reading Plan from the Office or Gathering Space and begin next Wednesday with Matthew 1-4.  
Jesus changed my life!  I can honestly say that when I read about the life of Jesus and the people he encountered it changes my life!  So I want to encourage you if you’ve never read the New Testament or it’s been a while, to pick up your Bibles and begin reading on Wednesday.  Sometimes we just need some Jesus in our lives!  

Blessings, 

Pastor Rachel   

No comments:

Post a Comment