Thursday, April 17, 2014

This is My Body…..This is My Blood

Today as I read through the story of Jesus, the disciples and His Last Supper, I was reminded that Christians throughout the whole world are receiving Communion today-- Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Orthodox and yes, even some Non-Denominational Churches participate in Maundy Thursday services.  There is something incredibly unifying when I imagine people who don't look like me, speak my language, and are not part of the same church receive the gift of Jesus' body and blood.  Today as you continue to read through the last week of Jesus' life, I want to challenge you to remember what unifies us, what makes us part of the same family!  No matter how big our differences, Jesus Christ is Lord of us all!    

I also want to remind you that tonight, Thursday, April 17, at 7pm we will be having a Maundy Thursday Service in Fellowship Hall.  It is an incredible way to remember The Last Supper and prepare for the remainder of Holy Week.  

Don't forget we also have the opportunity to pray through Stations of the Cross in the sanctuary tomorrow, Friday, April 18, 11am-7pm.  And our Easter Services are this Sunday, April 20, at our Delhi Campus 8, 9:30am, and 11am and at our Price Hill Campus at 11am.  

We are the body of Christ redeemed by His Blood!  


Blessings, 


Pastor Rachel 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment